|Other names||Thunder, Ace, PegiGuard, etc.|
|Active since||March 4th, 2014 - present|
Thunderblast joined the fandom in 2012 and became a fanfiction writer and editor in March of 2014. He originates from Columbus, Ohio, USA and is a senior in high school, making him a fairly young writer. He commonly writes in third-person point of view and focuses his stories around the Royal Guard, Equestrian military, etc., and all but one of his stories have the Alternate Universe tag, while many also have the Dark and Adventure tags which is what he normally puts into his stories as well. Most if not all of his stories are set within his own universe and timeline that diverges from the show after the events of Season 4.
His most commonly-used character is a pegasus royal guard sharing the same name as his FIMFiction profile, Thunderblast, and is also his first OC. The character is the lead protagonist of five stories, and is featured as a major character in many others. His second character, Night Shadow, is the main protagonist of four stories, and written in two others, and ranks highly in the Lunar Guard. The first story of his series, The Veins Run Deep, rests currently as his most popular story. His third character, Star Shooter, debuts in the Millennia saga, a mature, dark-adventure series centering around the modern military of Equestria.
He is currently involved on Facebook as the main admin of numerous MLP pages, all of which being of his characters; Thunderblast, Night Shadow, and Sharpblade. He also manages two YouTube channels that serve their own purpose. His main channel, PegiGuardStudios, is for LEGO-related content, and soon to be fanfiction readings done by him. His second channel, PegiGuardGaming, is exactly what it sounds like and is a channel specifically for gaming purposes. Apart from that, he plays a major role in a New Lunar Republic group on the free MMOG game known as ROBLOX and multiple Discord chats. He has only ever attended and cosplayed one convention, that being TrotCon in 2016, where he vlogged it on YouTube. He returned for a second year in 2017 and has since expressed interest in becoming a member of Fire Team Harmony.
He has also announced that, when he comes of age or later, he plans to enlist in the U.S. Navy. As of right now, he is uncertain if he plans to continue writing after that point.
The Pegiverse is a shared universe developed by Thunderblast and added on to by his good friend and writing partner, Skyfire Storm. In this universe, the stories diverge from Friendship is Magic after the events of Season 4, thus meaning all that happens in Season 5, 6, 7, and 8 are null (apart from planned non-canon stories set in the different timelines featured in the Season 5 finale).
In the land of Equestria, technology is blossoming into what the real world knows today. According to Thunderblast, just about everything, apart from motor vehicles, exists. Cities such as Manehattan, Baltimare, Los Pegasus, Vanhoover, and other large cities (either canon in the show or headcanon within this universe) are where the technology primarily exists, whilst smaller towns such as Ponyville, Hollow Shades, Rainbow Falls, and Appleloosa, are as they appear in the show, with Canterlot as a mixture between the two.
The universe has been developed through numerous stories, beginning with Under the Moonlight and The Veins Run Deep, show casing a modernized Equestria with televisions and guns. In later stories, such as Before the Dawn and the Millennia saga, modern military installations are placed around Equestria, existing alongside the Royal Guard, a force that primarily serves Canterlot and the Crystal Empire. Near Manehattan rests an Equestrian Army base, while in Manehattan proper, along the north river in Bronclyn, sits Naval Station Manehattan, a joint base operated by the Lunar Navy and Lunar Marine Corps. Military-wise, as well, the New Lunar Republic does exist, but serves Equestria the same way the Army and Air Force (AKA 'Celestia's side') do, thus meaning no civil war between the sides (apart from competitive banter between branches). A Lunar Marine Corps and Equestrian Air Force base also exists near Los Pegasus, and the last remaining Equestrian Navy base being located on a small island far north and east of Winneighpeg.
Overall, Manehattan and Canterlot have been shown the most within his stories. Other cities (some not canon to the show), such as Chicoltgo, San Prancisco, Vanhoover, and Coltlumbus have been featured and/or mentioned as well.
Culturally, with the addition of modern technology, the world is similar to that of the show. Because of the divergence, however, Equestria Girls never takes place, nor its sequels. Thus, The Sirens from Rainbow Rocks are ponies that perform in a popular mare rock band in Equestria, up to par with Vinyl Scratch's popularity throughout the country.
As confirmed by Thunderblast, these are the main Pegiverse stories in chronological order:
- Soldier of the Night (Skyfire Storm)
- The Veins Run Deep
- A Sailor's Notes
- The Guard of the Sun
- Under the Moonlight (replaced by TGotS as of 2018)
- An Old Friend's Return
- Before the Dawn (replaced by TGotS as of 2018)
- Millennia: Beginning
- War Never Changes
- The Veins Run Deeper
- Millennia: Eye of the Storm
- Rise of Shadow Force
- Deceitful Royalty
- Millennia: Starfall
- Journal of a Warbound Soldier
- Untitled crossover story
Each main story is meant to build upon different aspects of the Pegiverse individually. The Veins Run Deep, along with its sequel and side stories, centers around bat pony culture and their previously-secret role in Equestria and the implementation of a pegasus-bat pony hybrid into the Lunar Guard, and the adventures that follow. The Guard of the Sun, a reboot of Under the Moonlight, is set to delve into the main branch of the highly-respected Royal Guard and the life of a pegasus who dreams of becoming one himself, as well as tie in with The Veins Run Deep at many points. The Millennia saga takes the Pegiverse beyond Canterlot to Manehattan to showcase the modern aspects of Equestria, as well as its armed forces and the enormous differences in technology compared between the two cities. Millennia centers around realistic threats with little to no use of magic, and focuses more on the use of firearms. The Veins Run Deep focuses on magical threats, and The Guard of the Sun is set to include a mixture of both.
|The Veins Run Deep|
|Type/genre||Dark, Adventure, AU|
|Featuring||Night Shadow, Thunderblast, etc.|
The Veins Run Deep currently rests as Thunderblast's most popular story to-date, having racked up 80+ likes and over 1,600 views, as well as 21,000+ total views, making it his most highly-rated and most-viewed story he has ever written (More info on story page here).
Stories as Author
- The Veins Run Deep (2014): Bloodvein is a pegasus born within a bat pony family, sharing the same blood and fangs as them. Does he enjoy life in his colony? Only he knows.
- An Old Friend's Return (2015): When all seems normal after Night's colony is at peace, he must now fight for his friend after learning an old friend of his is back with a vengeance.
- The Veins Run Deeper (2016): When bat ponies from his colony wish to become just like him, Night Shadow must prepare for total chaos, as his Zodiac guard is already full.
- Deceitful Royalty (2017): The lies have held for too long now. Night Shadow feels there is no one he can trust, especially when attempting to uncover the largest secret in Equestrian history.
- When Night Falls (???): The non-canon AU story centering around Night Shadow in the Nightmare Moon AU timeline from the Season 5 finale.
- Where's Daddy? (2014): Scootaloo, after many years, finally learns the story of her father, whom was never a part of her life.
- Autumnal Equinox (2016): Scootaloo is reunited with her father, but after only just a few months, she must say goodbye once more.
- I Miss You (2014): A pegasus guard, formerly working for the now-banished Nightmare Moon and former Princess Luna, comes to reveal his feelings to her.
- Under the Moonlight (2013): The official life story of Thunderblast; a pegasus guard who searches for his destiny alongside his friends.
- Before the Dawn (2014): The direct sequel to Under the Moonlight, taking place one month later. It is the second installment to The Thunderblast Chronicles, and focuses further on Thunder's backstory and him going through new life challenges.
- War Never Changes (2015): A much shorter sequel to Before the Dawn and the third installment to The Thunderblast Chronicles, and focuses on a war he is forced to serve in.
- Rise of Shadow Force (2015): The fourth and final installment to The Thunderblast Chronicles, focusing on Thunder's promotion into an elite guard squad in which he is expected to lead. This story, after months of hiatus, has been cancelled.
- The Guard of the Sun (2018): The Guard of the Sun is set to reboot the first three stories of the series.
- Millennia: Beginning (2015): Star Shooter is your average pegasus. He does everything everypony else does. There's just one thing that makes him different; he's a Marine.
- Millennia: Eye of the Storm (2016): Coping with post-traumatic stress, Star Shooter and his battle buddies must now bear the weight of Manehattan as it comes crashing down around them.
- Millennia: Starfall (2018): The third and possibly final book in the Millennia saga. No details are confirmed just yet, though it is rumored to be the longest in the series.
- A Sailor's Notes (2016): Spinoff to the Millennia Saga centered around a younger Anchorage, a pegasus in his adventures of wanting to join the Navy.
- Cutie Mark Crusader Drug Dealers, Yay! (2015): A satirical story written for the purpose of 4/20.
- Mortem (2015): A guard fighting in the Great Griffon War lives his final moments.
- Albertus (2014): A story centered around a group of guards in the Crystal Empire as tensions rise between Equestria and the Northern Griffon Kingdoms. This story has since been cancelled.
- A Guard and Two Changelings (2016): Silent Knight is kidnapped by a changeling, but is very confused to find there to be two of the same one.
- Happy Day (2017): An optimistic fluffy colt celebrates his final birthday.
- Journal of a Warbound Soldier (2017): A story written in journal format of a stallion deployed to war.
- Untitled crossover story (2019): Crossover between Thunderblast, Night Shadow, and Star Shooter, joining together to combat a great evil that threatens Equestria and the whole world.
Stories as Editor/Proofreader
- Aptitude (2015): Ever since Blizzard Warning got his cutie mark, freak accidents and disasters have rocked his home of Hollow Shades. Now Blizzard is being sent to Starswirl Academy to learn how to properly control the power of his 'talent.'
- Ponyville Fire Department (2016): A story of Rescue Sunstreak and the PVFD, and the honor, duty, and sacrifice all first responders give.
- PVFD: In the Heat of the Night (2016): Extended sex/romance of Ponyville Fire Department.
- PVFD: Ships Passing (2016): Extended shipping story of Ponyville Fire Department.
- Ponyville Fire Department: New Generation (2017): The Explorers have grown up and now the five best friends face a year of hard training. They face it together, to return to Ponyville and their many friends, as the firefighters they knew in their hearts they were.
- Ranger (2017): Shane doesn't belong here. Heck, he doesn't belong to where he came from really. Now stuck here, how will he cope? How will he find a way to keep going? (Story featured on 6/27/17)