Pinkie Pie, laughing like usual
|Other names||Pinkamena Diane Pie|
|Fan voice(s)||Brittany "Bree Faith" Lauda (Re-enacted by Ponies, Pony Rock Anthem, Double Rainboom, Pinkielicious)|
Emily "Simbaga" Fajardo (Fighting is Magic, Journey of the Spark)
Kira Buckland (Amy VS Pinkie)
Max Gilardi (PONY.MOV)
Arin "Egoraptor" Hanson (APPLE.MOV)
ShiroiUsagine (Turnabout Storm)
ProjectSNT (The Adventures of Donut Steel)
Pinkie Pie is either a dream or a nightmare to work with due to her unique view of the world, tendency to break into improvised song, and ability to stretch cartoon physics to their limit. And that's just in the show itself.Pinkie is often used for comic relief, a unique perspective on things, and as way to get around plot holes without eliciting cries of deus ex machina. She is a versatile tool, but one that must be used carefully. Her cutie mark is three yellow and blue balloons and she represnts the element of laughter.
Pinkie has a tendency to ignore the laws of physics in the show, but it's taken much farther in fan works. Numerous pictures and comics exist wherein Pinkie breaks the fourth wall or interacts with the comic panels, camera, and even the tools used to draw her. In fiction, she can often be heard to rant about being followed by an invisible camera or pause to make sure the reader is well aware of what the current conversation is implying, always to the confusion of the other characters. The more comedic and random the fiction, the more likely Pinkie is to overtly break the fourth wall.
Pinkamena Diane Pie
The infamous fan fiction Cupcakes introduced the possibility of Pinkie becoming a murdering sociopath. Her behavior in Party of One after convincing herself that her friends had abandoned her gave this psycho-Pie a freaky, straight-haired exterior to match the interior. Pictures of murderous Pinkie are far more likely to include the straightened mane and tail and insane grin than the curly-maned look. She is also known in the Crooked Trees blogs as "Pinkamina" or "Pinky". Her psychotic persona has also been christened "Worst Pony" by a number of fans, likely for being so grossly out-of-character.
Outside of grimdark and sticking closer to canon, the straight hair and dulled colors is used to indicate depression in the normally cheerful party pony. Extreme turns for the worse, temporary abandonment, or even seeing others in distress can deflate Pinkie Pie's mane.
Some fan fictions debate whether or not "Pinkamena" is Pinkie Pie in a depressed mental state or if Pinkamena is complete second personality. Some believe Pinkamena is an alter-ego of Pinkie Pie or a whole separate being that can take control of Pinkie's body. There is further debate over if "Pinkamena" as a separate being is aware of normal Pinkie Pie and vice versa.
Depictions in fan labor
- In My Little Pony: Guardian Mares, she is the Guardian Mare form of human girl Diane Finkle.
- Sometimes, there is a fanfiction involving of her clones from Too Many Pinkie Pies, such as in Ecstasy is Magic and in The Minority Pony.
- The murderous Pinkamena persona mentioned elsewhere in this article is common in fanfiction, popularized by the infamous Cupcakes and also included on the Ask Homicidal Pinkamena blog.
|This section is very short. You can help the wiki by expanding it by listing citations/examples.|
Those who prefer heterosexual pairings typically pair Pinkie Pie with Pokey Pierce[FA 1][FA 2][FF 1], Ponet, Braeburn, or Big Macintosh. She also tends to be paired with her male counterpart Bubble Berry, as in On a Cross and Arrow.
A contestant in two Google Chrome security vulnerability contests used the alias "Pinkie Pie" in order to hide his participation in the contest from his employer, and won a total of $120,000 in the contests. At a contest in March 2012 he exposed three yet-undisclosed ("zero-day") security vulnerabilities in Google's web browser, earning him $60,000 as a bounty from Google. At a second contest in October 2012, "Pinkie Pie" won $60,000 again for exposing another such security vulnerability.
Fan art examples
- ↑ CandyandBiffle (2012-01-23). Party of Two. Retrieved on 2013 April 29.
- ↑ BlacksWhites (2012-10-23). Shipping is Magic: Pinkie Pie and Pokey Pierce. Retrieved on 2013 April 29.
Fan fiction examples
- ↑ Worst Pony — Ponibooru. Retrieved on 2012 May 28.
- ↑ Kim Zetter (March 9, 2012). Teen Exploits Three Zero-Day Vulns for $60K Win in Google Chrome Hack Contest. Wired. Retrieved on 2012 March 10.
- ↑ Sarah Perez (2012-10-10). Teenage Hacker Scores $60,000 From Google For Discovering Security Issue In Chrome (Again). TechCrunch. Retrieved on 2012 October 11.