The following is a list of reference to My Little Pony Friendship is Magic in media.
In the episode "Treehouse of Horror XXIV", in a segment in which Bart's heads is sewn onto Lisa's shoulder, Lisa is asleep mumbling "Rainbow... Oh, Rainbow...", to which Bart replies "Oh, not the pony dream again."
Animation Domination HDFox's Animation Domination High Definition YouTube channel features a Western-themed My Little Pony parody called "My Little Cowboys".
The Aquabats! Super ShowIn season 1, episode 7 of The Aquabats! Super Show!, Pinkie Pie makes a brief cameo appearance as a random background element during The M.C. Bat Commander's musical number Wingin' It!.
The Cleveland ShowWhen two of the main characters, Cleveland and Rallo, get incarcerated for "ventriloquist fraud" in the 11th episode of season three of The Cleveland Show, they have their photo taken with Cleveland holding a placard that bears the initials of the six main ponies.
In the episode "Buck, Wild" of American dad, Steve Smith ends up raising two young fawn, which later in the episode, their names turn out to be, Dignan and Applejack
Hot in Cleveland
A clip from the TV Land series Hot in Cleveland makes explicit mention of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic and bronies. In addition, one of the characters dresses up as a "Prince Silversaddle", whom he proclaims as "the strongest pony in all of Equestria".
Fish HooksEpisode 96 of Fish Hooks titled "Milo's Pony", Milo tries to hide his friendship with a Sea Pony (named Lady Glitter Lemon Drop) to avoid being seen as unmanly by his friends.
Hubworld uses clips from multiple other shows that air on The Hub, including My Little Pony Friendship is Magic. For example, one segment opens with Justin crying while watching Griffon the Brush Off and subsequently being interrupted by Danny and Jason, one Control Room segment has Telly briefly show a clip from Bridle Gossip between clips from Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son and The Last Lions, and one episode uses various clips in the context of the episode.
Littlest Pet Shop
In episode 25 of Littlest Pet Shop, "Blythe's Pet Project", main character Blythe Baxter tries to get a squirrel named Shivers to stay in the park. She imagines what life in the park will be like for Shivers, setting up a fantasy sequence that features a parody of My Little Pony called My Small Squirrel.
MAD has parodied My Little Pony Friendship is Magic several times.
In the second parody, My Little War Horse, which parodies both Friendship is Magic and the movie War Horse, Earth ponies and Pegasi are drafted into World War I by the Allies to fight against the Central Powers and their unicorn soldiers.
The fourth parody, Adjustment Burro, which parodies The Adjustment Bureau and Winnie the Pooh in addition to Friendship is Magic, involves Eeyore falling in love with Twilight Sparkle when she bumps into him, which quickly draws the attention of the "Adjustment Burro", a group of donkeys dedicated to making sure events happen "according to plan".
In the fifth parody, Rainbow Dash & Bernstein, which parodies Friendship is Magic and Crash & Bernstein, Wyatt Bernstein is taken to a Build-a-Bestie store for his birthday and creates a live Rainbow Dash (voiced by Tara Strong), who teaches Wyatt how to be a brony.
The sixth parody occurs in the one-hundredth episode of MAD. In a skit titled Sanjay and Krang (parodying Sanjay and Craig) Krang, while editing Sanjay's DVR recordings, says, "Let's erase some of these MAD episodes to make room for that show with the ponies", referring to Friendship is Magic.
In all of Twilight Sparkle's appearances on MAD, Tara Strong reprises her role. Pinkie Pie is also voiced by Tara Strong, Rainbow Dash by Kath Soucie (and Tara Strong in "Rainbow Dash & Bernstein"), Applejack by Rachel Ramras, and Fluttershy by Rachel Ramras and Gary Anthony Williams. Rarity has not been parodied yet on MAD.
|MAD My Little Pwny HD(00:45)||MAD Tv - My Little War Horse Full HD(03:20)|
|MLP FIM (parody) MAD S02E06 Cowboys and Equestrians(03:38)||MAD - The Adjustment Burro HD(02:02)|
|MADtv - Rainbow Dash and Bernstein(02:21)|
Instrumentals of songs from My Little Pony Friendship is Magic have been used in two episodes of Pound Puppies, another show which Daniel Ingram provides music for. After The Show Stoppers aired, Olaf in Love used the Cutie Mark Crusaders Song, and before A Canterlot Wedding - Part 2 aired, Lucky Gets Adopted used Love Is In Bloom.
Additionally, season two, episode ten, "No Dogs Allowed", features many references to Friendship is Magic and its fandom, such as using the phrase "ponylicious", and an adult male being a member of a "Pony Boys Club". The references have since been confirmed by The Hub.
In the season 2 episode "A Christmas Story", Abby Weaver gets a Rarity plush toy for Christmas, saying that she only cares about her friends and how she looks. Later in the episode, she is presented with a real life version of the pony.
Robot and Monster
When Monster loses his horns, he tries a unicorn horn that glows like Twilight Sparkle's magic.[discuss] –
The Super Hero Squad Show
Teen Titans Go!The premiere episode of the Cartoon Network animated series Teen Titans Go! features a parody of My Little Pony called "Pretty Pretty Pegasus". One of the main characters, Raven (voiced by Tara Strong) is shown to be an avid fan of it. At the very end of the episode, Robin also announces he is a fan of the show. Robin is voiced by Scott Menville, who voiced the human boy, Danny, in MLP G1.
The Lego MovieOne of the main characters is Uni-Kitty, a pink-colored Lego Cat that also has a Unicorn Horn and a Pony Tail. Late in the movie, Uni-Kitty improvises a "paper-thin" disguise by drawing things on herself with a marker which happens to include a Euro Symbol as a makeshift Cutie Mark.
In the final panel of the May 6, 2013 strip, one of the main characters, Mike, greets another character who has a single demon horn on his forehead by saying "Oh my God! It's Princess Celestia! I'm a huuuuuuge fan!"
Cyanide & Happiness
The April 2, 2011 and April 16, 2011 strips make reference to My Little Pony Friendship is Magic; lead character Paul is shown to be a fan of the show and gets a tattoo of Pinkie Pie's cutie mark (revealed in the latter strip to be fake).
In the April 1, 2012 FoxTrot strip, Jason Fox starts to watch the second season premiere of Game of Thrones, but sees that it includes Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and Twilight Sparkle and has renamed its characters "Brony Baratheon" and "Brony Stark". Jason then stops watching the episode, consequently missing the television network's subsequent announcement that the broadcast was merely an April Fools' Day prank.
Strip #294 references Rainbow Dash's famous line from Suited For Success of "twenty percent cooler". Additionally, the same comic has the same character reference the "Why Wub Woo" face Rainbow Dash makes in Applebuck Season.[discuss] Other strips include pony elements in the background ( – #292, #287) or more prominently (#299, #290).
In Adventure Quest, One of the global events, involving Fred the Donkey (The donkey that carries all the adventurer's supplies, offscreen), had the player say, "I would say Friendship is Magic, but that sounds like a catchphrase from a really bad kid's show."
A now removed Event shop's named used to be: My Little Darkness- Shadows are Magic.
The Binding of Isaac
In the independent video game The Binding Of Isaac, there is an item called "My Little Unicorn". The item itself is a unicorn horn added to the character's forehead which gives the protagonist a unicorn horn for a small duration of time. The name itself is a reference to both the show and the Unicorn race.
Also in the video game there is a trinket titled "Pinkie eye" which gives a chance of a poison shot every time a shot is fired; the name is a reference to Pinkie Pie as well as to the condition conjunctivitis (commonly known as "pink eye").[discuss] –
In some of the downloadable content for the video game Borderlands 2, the Mechromancer class features numerous references to My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, including some of its memes, in its skill tree, such as "Evil Enchantress", "Discord", "20% Cooler", "The Stare", and "Fancy Mathematics".In the add-on Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep, you rescue a living pony made of diamonds named Butt Stallion. Butt Stallion is a female unicorn that has been confirmed to be a reference to Rarity, the Friendship is Magic character. Butt Stallion will award the player with weapons of varying "Rarity" with the names of gemstones ranging from cubic zirconia to diamond.
In the credits to the game there is a shout out by Chris Francis reading, "Thank you to all my friends near and far for putting up with me all these years, my family: parents James and Sheryl and brother Mike for putting up with me my entire life, and to my adorable Fluttershy."
In the first-person shooter video game by Crytek, there is an encrypted mail titled 'D.R.P. Mail'.
Once decrypted, its contents are revealed to players. The e-mail is from 'M6', and contains the following string of characters: "rot hex rev rot 12023465556415142565543502N584N565O4R4N5". When these characters are entered into an ROT13 decoder, it gives you "12023465556415142565543502A584A565B4E4A5". Reversing the characters then gives you "5A4E4B565A485A20534556524151465556432021". Entering the reversed string of characters into a hex decoder gives you "ZNKVZHZ SEVRAQFUVC !". Finally, entering these characters into an ROT13 decoder again gives you "MAXIMUM FRIENDSHIP !".
The e-mail's title, 'D.R.P.', is a reference to Derpy. The e-mail's sender, 'M6', refers to Twilight and her friends' fan-given collective name, the "Mane 6". The date given on the e-mail, '10.10.2010', is the date My Little Pony Friendship is Magic first premiered on The Hub.
Some file names in the beta client of the online videogame Diablo III reference names and titles from My Little Pony Friendship is Magic:
- TentacleHorse Rainbow Western
- Unique_TentacleHorse_A Midnight Sparkle
- TentacleHorse_B_Unique Nightmarity
- Unique_TentacleHorse_A Nightmare is Magic
- Unique_TentacleHorse_B Generosity in Death
Dungeons & Dragons Online
Grand Theft Auto VIn the in-game television show Kung Fu Rainbow Laser Force, near the end of the episode there is a banner being held by students in the background that reads "PONIES RULE".[specify]
League of Legends
Hecarim's Joke, "suffering is magic", is a reference to "Friendship is magic".
Mario and Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic GamesIn Birdo's Heroine Quiz, one of the questions asks the name of Princess Daisy's jump (the Flower Trampoline). One of the answers is Rainbow Dash.
First: You need to beat the game and enable cheats. Then: when you gain enough momentum (terminal velocity) and launch yourself, you will do a Sonic Rainboom upon exit. You will also have a rainbow colored mane instead of normal hair.
In MechQuest, one of the NPCs when clicked on will turn into a pony and say, "Begone, non-brony!"
Amongst the random witty messages that appear at the top of each crash reports is the sentence "I just don't know what went wrong !", a reference to Derpy Hooves.
Electronic Arts' Hasbro iOS app Monopoly Hotels includes several My Little Pony guest rooms: Sweet Apple Room, belonging to Applejack; Cloudsdale Room, belonging to Rainbow Dash; Sugarcube Corner Room, belonging to Pinkie Pie; Carousel Boutique Room, belonging to Rarity; Golden Oaks Room, belonging to Twilight Sparkle; Cottage Room, belonging to Fluttershy; Dragon Breath Room, belonging to Spike; and an unfinished room belonging to Princess Celestia that has yet to be added. Before any of the rooms were added, the app's Facebook page hinted at them by posting a close-up image of Fluttershy on July 6, 2012, re-posting it along with the message "We have some really exiting content coming out next week! Based on this picture, what do you think it is?" on July 9, 2012, and posting a close-up image of Pinkie Pie along with the message "Knock. Knock. Who is it? It’s a magical new guest! Can you guess who?" on July 11, 2012.
Octodad: Dadliest Catch
Derpy Hooves makes a cameo appearance as a small plush that can be found at the store.
On April 1, 2013 (April Fools' Day), all the titles for the forums on ROBLOX.com were changed, and the forum currently titled "Off Topic" was renamed "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic".
In the update Flash Powder Factory on 13 December 2011, a quote from the rogue Brian O' Richard will mention the "in ten seconds flat" meme in one of his dialogues, a direct reference to when Rainbow Dash says she can clear the skies of Ponyville "in ten seconds flat".
- "The pressure will become dangerous in ten seconds flat so, if you don't leave in that time, the safety systems in the factory will remove you for your own good."
- — Brian O'Richard
- "The trolls represent disorder. For us it is a major, immediate imbalance to the elements of harmony. But we need to call upon Guthix to right it with all haste."
- — Kaqemeex
The exact same day Season 4 of FiM premiered, Jagex released Unicorn Pets in Solomon's General Store.
Scribblenauts Unlimited features a character that resembles Vinyl Scratch whose name is Scratch. It also includes the element of magic and Rarity's wings. A dress that resembles Twilight's Grand Galloping Gala dress is also in the game, and two variations of the football player have references to Spike and Applejack.
An October 22, 2013 update to the PC version of Skullgirls added a Fluttershy color palette for the character Parasoul, a specifically requested addition by one of the game's backers on Indiegogo.
Team Fortress 2
Additionally, on October 29, 2013, a hat called the "Magical Mercenary", which is a pink unicorn hood with a gold horn, was added to the game. It causes all classes except Medic and Pyro to gain additional lines when it is equipped. One of the new lines is "Friendship is Magic".
In the independent video game Terraria, one of the NPCs randomly says "Someone once told me friendship is magic. That's ridiculous, you can't turn people into frogs with friendship." which is a reference to the tag line of Friendship is Magic. There's also new NPC called Party Girl with 1.2 patch, which is based on Pinkie Pie.
War ThunderOn April 1, 2013, this airplane MMO released a new playable country, Equestria. Players could pilot any of the Mane Six, who had wings regardless of their normal model. They were armed with four 20mm cannons, eight cracker rockets, and two sparkle bombs. After April 1, the country was removed and has not reappeared since.
The Nostalgia Critic
The Nostalgia Critic's review of Son of the Mask features Evilina (played by actress Rachel Tietz), the daughter of Satan and Kim Kardashian, who is shown to be a brony and sings the My Little Pony theme song at several points during the review. Evilina appears again in the Nostalgia Critic's review of The Cat in the Hat.
In the Critic's review of Bridge to Terabithia, when the character of Jesse Aarons complains about needing to use "girls' shoes", the Critic jokes that he should "just write Friendship is Magic on the side, and at least the bronies will leave [him] alone."
In his review of Ghost Rider, the Nostalgia Critic compares some of the film's writing to "bad teenage My Little Pony fan fiction". The review also features original MLP animation starring Fluttershy/Flutterbat and a ponified Ghost Rider.
On September 19, 2013, the restaurant chain tweeted an image of a red pony with the Chili's logo as its cutie mark. However, that tweet was subsequently removed later in the afternoon, with the explanation being an overwhelmingly negative response to it.
On June 1st, 2012, Mozilla Firefox decorated its Facebook page with a ponified version of the Firefox logo created by deviantArt user NoReasonToHope, seen to the right. NoReasonToHope named the character Firepony. The image started a small trend where fanart of various browsers and programs are ponified. However this image is the only one to be officially recognized by the program's creators in question. deviantArt user Ion-Death published a program to allow the picture to be used as a users Firefox icon the same day Firefox posted the picture on their Facebook page. The program can be found here.
On July 03, 2013 Gaia Online (an Avatar Community site) received another sponsorship in relation to Hasbro. My Little Pony Friendship is Magic was featured on the site as various items, accessories, companies, and backgrounds for member's avatars. The items were obtained by purchasing the Chance Item "My Little Pony: Celestial Letter" which would grant items at random upon opening it. While this is the first time items were specifically created to reflect the content of the show there have been previous items that parody the franchise.
A command (/ponies) was added to Google+'s Hangouts section, which, when entered into the console, makes a pony run across the bottom of the screen.
In the animated video series called the "Hank Hanky show", Hank turns into Twilight Sparkle and calls pony rides over rated.
On August 22, 2012, JetBlue Airways made a post on Twitter showing their support for the show and its fanbase. This led to the creation of an original character for the airline by deviantART user hezaa. Morgan Johnston, the manager of corporate communication for jetBlue, and the jetBlue Twitter team later asked the brony community to name the OC pony, which has become an unofficial mascot for the airline. Following a poll run by Equestria Daily, over 7,700 votes were in favor of the name "Jet Stream".
On May 24, 2013, the computer manufacturer lenovo tweeted an image of one of their waterproof laptops with a pony wallpaper on it.
By searching "My Little Pony", "ponies", or "bronies", pixel ponies run across the search results area. Additionally, by searching the names of certain ponies (including the all of the Mane Six), the bar at the top of the YouTube screen changes color. On August 14, 2013, the function was expanded to include more characters. What is returned for a "bronies" search was changed; while it used to make ponies run across the screen, as of August 15, 2013, it makes ponies in diapers/with pacifiers run across the screen. As of January 5, 2014, this search function was removed.
- ↑ MY LITTLE COWBOYS - ANIMATION DOMINATION HIGH-DEF (2013-02-07). Retrieved on 2013 June 18.
- ↑ The Aquabats! Super Show! "Cowboy Android!" (Song Clip) - The Hub (2012-04-20). Retrieved on 2012 June 28.
- ↑ Hot in Cleveland clip - "Elevator and Bronies" (2013-01-01). Retrieved on 2013 January 1.
- ↑ Sethisto (2012-09-01). Pound Puppies Season 2 Episode 10 Apparently Pony Filled!. Equestria Daily. Retrieved on 2012 September 13.
- ↑ Sethisto (2013-12-15). Rarity in ABC Show "The Neighbors".. Equestria Daily. Retrieved on 2013 December 16.
- ↑ Maritza (2013-05-06). Page 35: The Reason. CRFH.net. Retrieved on 2014 January 29.
- ↑ Dave McElfatrick (2013-02-27). Comic February 27, 2013. Cyanide & Happiness. Retrieved on 2013 March 19.
- ↑ Scott DeWitt (2011-04-02). Clydesdale. F@NBOY$. Retrieved on 2013 May 11.
- ↑ Scott DeWitt (2011-04-16). Authenticity. F@NBOY$. Retrieved on 2013 May 11.
- ↑ Fred Perry (2013-06-19). Gold Digger Issue #201 cover. Derpibooru. Retrieved on 2013 July 7.
- ↑ Fred Perry (2013-06-19). Gold Digger Issue #201. Derpibooru. Retrieved on 2013 July 7.
- ↑ Scott Ramsoomair (2011). They'll Fix You. They Fix Everything.. VG Cats. Retrieved on 2013 May 8.
- ↑ Sethisto (2012-10-08). Borderlands 2 Mechromancer Class Filled with Pony. Equestria Daily. Retrieved on 2012 October 13.
- ↑ PK (2013-03-09). Nightly Roundup #603. Equestria Daily. Retrieved on 2013 March 17.
- ↑ Qezuzu (2012-07-12). "Feather of Sun, what do you have to say for yourself?" forum thread. DUNGEONS & DRAGONS ONLINE®: Eberron Unlimited™ Forums. Retrieved on 2012 November 19.
- ↑ Monopoly Hotels Adds Pony Rooms. Equestria Daily (2012-07-19). Retrieved on 2012 July 19.
- ↑ Facebook photo post by Monopoly Hotels (2012-07-06). Retrieved on 2012 July 19.
- ↑ Facebook photo post by Monopoly Hotels (2012-07-09). Retrieved on 2012 July 19.
- ↑ Facebook photo post by Monopoly Hotels (2012-07-11). Retrieved on 2012 July 19.
- ↑ Derpy Hooves plush in Octodad: Dadliest Catch.
- ↑ Sethisto (2013-10-22). Skullgirls Adds Fluttershy Pallet Swap. Equestria Daily. Retrieved on 2013 October 23.
- ↑ Sethisto (2013-10-29). Unicorn Hat Added to TF2 for Halloween, Pony Lines Included. Equestria Daily. Retrieved on 2013 October 30.
- ↑ That One Video Gamer (2013-09-20). Spyro The Dragon - The Completionist Episode 74. YouTube. Retrieved on 2013 September 20.
- ↑ Doug Walker (2013-03-05). Nostalgia Critic - Son of the Mask. That Guy with the Glasses. Retrieved on 2013 September 20.
- ↑ Doug Walker (2013-04-16). Nostalgia Critic - The Cat in the Hat. That Guy with the Glasses. Retrieved on 2013 September 20.
- ↑ Doug Walker (2013-09-17). Nostalgia Critic - Bridge to Terabithia. That Guy with the Glasses. Retrieved on 2014 February 4.
- ↑ Doug Walker (2014-02-04). Ghost Rider. That Guy with the Glasses. Retrieved on 2014 February 4.
- ↑ Sethisto (2013-09-20). Chilli's Tweets a Pony, Has to Pull It. Equestria Daily. Retrieved on 2013 September 20.
- ↑ Sethisto (2012-05-01). Firefox joins the herd. Equestria Daily. Retrieved on 2013 February 14.
- ↑ [NPC] admin (2013-07-03). My Little Pony has come to Gaia!. Gaia Online. Retrieved on 2013 July 3.
- ↑ Sethisto (2013-05-16). Google Hangout adds Pony Command. Equestria Daily. Retrieved on 2013 May 16.
- ↑ Calpain (2012-08-22). JetBlue is Best Pony and Nerdist Goes Pony!. Equestria Daily. Retrieved on 2013 September 21.
- ↑ Calpain (2012-08-29). JetBlue Asking Community for a Pony Name!. Equestria Daily. Retrieved on 2013 September 21.
- ↑ Sethisto (2012-09-22). Jet Blue Receives Jet Pony!. Equestria Daily. Retrieved on 2013 September 21.
- ↑ Sethisto (2012-09-24). Poll Results: Choose a Name for Jet Blue Pony. Equestria Daily. Retrieved on 2013 September 21.
- ↑ Twitter / lenovo: Are #ThinkPad #laptops as tough (2013-05-24). Retrieved on 2013 October 29.
- ↑ Sethisto (2013-07-23). Pony Avatar Stuff Added to Xbox Live. Equestria Daily. Retrieved on 2013 July 23.
- ↑ Sethisto (2013-07-23). Australian Xbox Video Posts Season 1, And Rainbow Dash Comparison. Equestria Daily. Retrieved on 2013 July 23.
- ↑ Sethisto (2013-08-08). Youtube Posts Pixel Ponies. Equestria Daily. Retrieved on 2013 August 14.
- ↑ Sethisto (2013-08-09). Youtube Pony Easter Egg Expanded. Equestria Daily. Retrieved on 2013 August 14.
- ↑ Sethisto (2013-08-14). Youtube Geek Week is Over, Ponies Expanded Instead of Removed. Equestria Daily. Retrieved on 2013 August 14.
- ↑ Sethisto (2013-08-15). Youtube Updated Again, with... Daipered Ponies?. Equestria Daily. Retrieved on 2013 August 16.