Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Reimagining the characters from My Little Pony Friendship is Magic as humans is a fairly common motif in fan art. This is distinct from the idea anthropomorphism (the imbuing of animals with human characteristics), which cartoon characters already feature.
Her desire to become human is one of the motifs fairly common to fan art and fan fiction featuring Lyra. This trend likely started due to several instances of Lyra adopting human or human-like poses in the show, such as sitting in a human-like way. Fans have put forth several (often comedic) reasons for this, but one example would be that Lyra was once a human who was transformed and transported to Equestria. More commonly, Lyra is simply thought of as the pony equivalent of a "furry" enthusiast or science fiction fan, who has an active fantasy life dreaming of the mythological creatures known as humans, and wanting to believe. Recurring themes include her desire to have hands, and sly comparisons with the My Little Pony fan culture itself.
- ↑ Garrett Gilchrest (2011-11-03). The Chosen Ones "Waldo". Retrieved on 2012 August 15.
- ↑ Garrett Gilchrist (2011-11-05). The Chosen Ones "Social Caterpillar". Retrieved on 2012 August 15.
- ↑ Garrett Gilchrist (2011-11-07). The Chosen Ones "I'm A Year Older Than You". Retrieved on 2012 August 15.
- ↑ Full Time Ink "Playing football cross country" (2011-04-22). Retrieved on 2012 August 15.
- ↑ Full Time Ink "Shh! Hush now, quiet now" (2011-04-25). Retrieved on 2012 August 15.