This article covers a work that may not be suitable for children.
|This article may require copy editing for the re-organization of sections and the removal of unnecessary information. You can assist by editing it.|
|Equestria After Dark|
An Equestria After Dark Banner
|Date founded||October 2011|
|Type of site||Blogging|
The site post will post almost anything that has to do with pony pornography. The site does not post PG-13+ content that are not clop-related. The site also does not deal in porn that has excessive gore, scat, or pedophilia.
The original iteration of Equestria After Dark was run by Sethisto; however, as explained in this iteration's FAQ, "Sethisto just doesn't do clop", and so gave Alex permission to use the Equestria After Dark name for his own purposes. Sethisto also advertised the current Equestria After Dark on the old site of the same name.
The site posts new clop related pony fan labor at least twice a day. The site also hosts polls that question their viewers on how they go about their clop. The site is also known for its "Speedclop" challenge. An activity where a prompt is given and writers will make a story out of it within the time limit.
- Popular posts are set along the side of the screen at all times.
- The site has a fan fiction rating system that mirror's the "Star" system on Equestria Daily. However the word "Star" has been replaced by the word "Clop", and the rating indicates how "cloppy" the fic is. This rating is provided by the author. Clop Ratings that are unknown are automatically assigned a 3.
- A 1-5 star rating system is shown in the top left-hand corner of all EqAD posts, along with the total number of ratings. Users rate at their leisure by clicking on one of the stars, no matter what the post. For instance, the site's FAQ has one as well.
The website has a slew of categories. The main categories are "Art", "News", "Fics", "Media", and "Comics".
Any fan fiction that can qualify as soft porn and meets their content management guide can make Equestria After Dark as long as the author submits the story, or one of the administrators submits it himself. For every chapter update, the story gets another solo post.
Art is posted groups at a time. These groups of pictures are dubbed Drawfiends, and take up their own solo posts. Most of the time, the administrators will hunt around for the pictures themselves.
Videos, comics, and music receive their own separate posts. Games are posted for every update they get. Everything else is posted as it comes. The posts are organized by the day.
tumblr and twitterEdit
Just like Equestria Daily, there is also an Equestria After Dark tumblr and Twitter. However, due to lack of any sort of popularity (2 followers as of October 23, 2012) the twitter page does not show any signs of use. As for the tumblr, while Equestria Daily's tumblr acts as a sort of lesser news outlet and gossip center, Equestria After Dark's tumblr functions as a Q&A centered around its moderator.[specify] Every Tuesday he will answer questions asked about him. These Tuesdays have been dubbed "TMI Tuesdays" by the mod.
The site has two regular blog editors: Alex (the original creator) and Daffodil. Another contributor by the name of kits is strictly in charge of the "Speedclop" challenges. On the site's FAQ, Nines Tempest is listed as a less frequent contributor.
- The site's first post was made on October 5, 2011.
- The site made its 100th post on March 10th, 2012.
- The site reached 500,000 views on April 12, 2012.
- The site reached one million views on June 5, 2012.
- The site reached two million views only two months after they had reached one million views on August 4, 2012.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Alexstraza (2012-01-13). Equestria After Dark FAQ. Retrieved on 2012 October 15. “Are you affiliated with Equestria Daily?
Nope! While it may look similar, Equestria After Dark has no affiliation with Equestria Daily. Why? Well, multiple reasons. First, Equestria Daily is more of a 'PG-13' website, whereas this one is 'XXX'. Things would go wrong very quickly if this were linked anywhere near EQD. Second, Sethisto just doesn't do clop. I know, I've talked to him about it, and he was the one who said I could use Equestria After Dark for my own purposes. Heck, he also threw me a bit of publicity by advertising it on the old one!”
- ↑ Alexstrazsa (2012-07-17). Discussion: How Do You Feel About EQAD Accepting Everything PG-13+. Retrieved on 2012 September 12.
- ↑ Alexstrazsa (2011-10-5). Submission to Equestria After Dark. Retrieved on 2012 September 12.
- ↑ Alexstrazsa (2011-10-05). Equestria After Dark Redux. Retrieved on 2012 September 12.
- ↑ Alexstrazsa (2012-09-11). Story: Fluttershy's Week-long Foot-long (Update Chapter 4!). Retrieved on 2012 September 12.
- ↑ Alexstrazsa (2012-04-12). 500k Pageviews!. Retrieved on 2012 September 12.
- ↑ Alexstrazsa (2012-06-05). One Million. Retrieved on 2012 September 12.
- ↑ Alexstrazsa (2012-08-04). Two Million Hits. Retrieved on 2012 September 12.