|Fan voice(s)||FiMFlamFilosophy (The Mentally Advanced Series)|
Griffon Lewis (Friendship is Witchcraft)
Depiction in fan works
Diamond Tiara is usually depicted in fan labor as she is depicted in the show—an unapologetic bully—with very few deviations or liberties taken. Several works in which she is depicted in such a way see her receiving the comeuppance for her behavior that she doesn't receive in the show, as a means to satisfy the author or reader.
Occasionally, Diamond Tiara will go though some hardships and become nicer. She will seek forgiveness from the Cutie Mark Crusaders, usually being forgiven in the end.
Following the events of the episode Crusaders of the Lost Mark, in which Diamond changed her ways for the better, many stories have come to portray this side of her.
Much like in the show, Diamond Tiara is generally portrayed as mean-spirited and arrogant. Some fan works explain Diamond Tiara's cruelty as an attempt to get attention.
In some fan works set in the future, Tiara is shown to have outgrown her fillyhood bullying and is generally more approachable.
Following her reforming in the episode Crusaders of the Lost Mark, more stories have portrayed her bullying as a reaction to how she was treated by her mother, and have shown her as a nicer pony in the aftermath of those events.
Extrapolating from her role in the show, Diamond Tiara is frequently depicted as the leader of a clique of popular foals antagonistic towards the Cutie Mark Crusaders. The clique generally includes Silver Spoon, usually depicted as Diamond Tiara's best friend, but sometimes instead depicted as another of her bullying victims who nevertheless clings to Diamond Tiara to avoid the brunt of her mean put-downs.
In romantic fan labor, she is usually shipped with the aforementioned Silver Spoon or one of the Cutie Mark Crusaders, most often Apple Bloom. She is also sometimes shipped with Snips, Snails, or any of the handful of colts who appear in the show. A rarely depicted ship is Diamond Tiara and Princess Erroria, drawn from a scene in Hearts and Hooves Day in which Erroria gives Tiara a Hearts and Hooves Day card.
Until mid-season 5, Diamond Tiara's mother was never seen on the show, resulting in many speculations on who she is. Screwball was one common candidate due to her and Tiara's similar coat and mane colors. In the episode Crusaders of the Lost Mark, her canon mother Spoiled Rich, who was even nastier than Diamond's earlier portrayals, was introduced.
- ↑ Past Sins
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Apple Bumpkin (2012-08-28). Unwanted. FIMfiction. Retrieved on 2013 January 19.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Egophiliac. Slice of Pony Life. Tumblr. Retrieved on 2014 January 23.
- ↑ A-SereneArtist (2012-08-12). Beautiful Lies, Ugly Truths. deviantART. Retrieved on 2014 January 23.
- ↑ redsonne (2013-08-09). DiamondSnails. deviantART. Retrieved on 2014 January 23.
- ↑ Mudpony (2012-08-07). Pride and Prejudice and Snails. FIMfiction. Retrieved on 2014 January 24.
- ↑ Pony POV Series Season One: Reharmonization
- ↑ Moonstuck-badger (2011-11-16). Request: Separation. deviantART. Retrieved on 2014 January 23.
- ↑ Dasponi (2013-04-28). Working Towards The Future. FIMfiction. Retrieved on 2014 January 24.
- ↑ Alesiopdv (2013-01-04). Sisters Pride. FIMfiction. Retrieved on 2013 January 19.